Photography and Virtual World

11 h 24 min 00 s

Since my rezzday (my birthday in virtual world) in 2008, one of my favorite activity in-world is taken photos.



Windlight: Phototools - Hospital Light 01



Everything you know about RL (real life) photo, you can apply it to virtual life: rule of thirds, balancing elements, leading lines, viewpoint, background, depth, framing and one I use a lot, cropping.

No need of high tech and expensive camera and lens. Enter in-world and take screenshots (Snapshot in the menu Avatar).

The beauty of your viewer (the program you use in virtual world) is that you can play with a lot of parameters to improve your photos.

I use Firestorm and with it, I can play with my focal lens, the depth of field. I can change the colors of the sky and the water, the time of the day and even the position of the sun! :)  





Windlight: Alchemy Immortalis - Foggy Morning







Depth of Field (DoF) enable



Even if I take photos since some years, I just begin to explore the Phototools in Firestorm




To find the Phototools in the viewer,
choose in the menu:
World / Photo and Video

or

click on    at the bottom of the viewer (Toolbar buttons).






Hours and hours of fun in perspective! :)

See you in-world with your "camera"! ;)

Lorelei

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images